Friday, February 1, 2008

Housekeeping.

Cast your eyes to the right of the screen and you'll notice that I've updated my blogroll. It's been a while since I did some housekeeping here, and there were several blogs sitting in my favorites folder that deserved links. Here's what's gone and what's new.

What's gone:

Fred Thompson - His candidacy is done, and so's his blog.

NeoAuteur - Actually removed this one some time ago, due to that blog's retirement.

Simply Conservative - One of the first blogs to add me to its blogroll; sadly, clicking the link
results in a site not found error.

What's new:

Beauty and Depravity - Eugene Cho's blog. I discovered Eugene's blog via Michelle Malkin during the South Korean hostage crisis last year. Once that situation was over, I found that, while Eugene does not necessarily share my political views, I enjoy reading his blog. He's funny, insightful, Christian, and is not afraid to take shots at himself.

Conservative Propaganda - A conservative blog by a fellow HotAir commenter. Tantor doesn't post often, but when he does it is always well-written, well-researched, and soundly conservative.

Dr. Laura's Blog - Yes, the Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I recently read her book, The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage, and was amazed at how different it was from the typical marital advice books, which do little more than denigrate men and place primacy on the wife's needs and wants. Dr. Laura acknowledges that a marriage has two people, and problems are not always the fault of the man; sometimes men behave the way they do because of how women treat them. Her blog is as interesting as her book.

Polis Politics - A local blog, focusing solely on Indianapolis, filled with biting commentary towards the Democrats in my hometown.

Shane Vander Hart - A recent addition to my favorites, Shane is a Christian blogger. Check out his recently begun series about abortion.

The Punch Die - A history and numismatics blog by the blogger formerly of The Oxford Medievalist blog (now defunct). Titus is a historian by training, and an obsessive coin collector. His posts are interesting, and he has some great pictures of Roman coins. I never got interested in coins and coinage, being drawn to art and architecture, but the study of coins is an important facet of archaeology, and I'm glad that individuals such as Titus have taken it up (better them than me, heh heh).

The Thirst for Freedom - Another conservative Christian blog. Worth a visit, even though other concerns have kept him from posting much lately.

Use the Oxgoad - Travis Gilbert is a fellow Christian Hoosier, a Baptist minister, and an IU sports nut. Excellent reading, and I love his comment descriptor.