Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day.

Today, when we pause to formally honor those who have served this country and fought to make us free, let me point out a few of the veterans in my life:

My brother-in-law, currently in the army and a veteran of three deployments to Iraq;

My uncle, who served in the Marines;

My uncle(in-law), who recently returned from duty in Iraq with the Indiana National Guard; he also served several years in the Army in South Korea and Somalia;

My grandfather(maternal), who fought in Korea from 1952-4;

My grandfather(paternal), who served in the Army in Germany; his brothers fought in WW2, one with Patton, the other as a tail-gunner in a B-17;

My wife's grandfather, who served in the Navy during WW2.

To these men, and many others, I owe a debt of gratitude that can never fully be repaid. Therefore, I offer to them my humble thanks.