Friday, June 29, 2007

Who Needs a Shiny Sink?

Well...I do. By now, dear reader, you have probably noticed my slim blogroll and visited the sites where I get my daily dose of opinion and thought. One of those is 'Shiny Sink,' the blog of my lovely and devoted wife, Alicia. I can't describe in mere words how much this lady means to me. Though a self-described 'messy' (whereas I prefer to identify with the more humble and apt 'slob'), she has always made my home warm and cheerful, whether it was a two room campus apartment, or our little ranch in the Indy suburbs. She blunts my sharp ego with her soft compassion, and makes each day a joy. She worries and frets, and at times it seems as if cheering her up is a second job, but the beauty she reveals when she smiles makes it well worth the effort. For my part, I try to be the comforter and provider that she deserves. She was even kind enough to give me a shout out on her blog, so I'll do the same. If you would, click the link and pay her a visit. Here's to you, my love!

Oh, and she does keep the sink shiny.