Friday, September 14, 2007

Go Ahead - Push My Buttons.

I'd like to take a moment, dear Readers, and direct your attention to the sidebar, beneath the Blogroll.

Here you will find a few features that are of use to me, and I hope will be enjoyable to you. First is the subscription button, which allows you to subscribe to this blog via Feedburner. Second are the reader lists from Blog Catalog and MyBlogLog. These show you (and me) who has visited from those communities, and who is part of my neighborhood. Click on some one's avatar in the list and you will be taken to their profile page. It's a great way to find blogs to read and build readership at your blog, since people tend to visit the sites of those who visit theirs.

Next you'll find the Technoratti Fav button. Click on it to add this blog to your list of Technoratti Favorites. The Blog Catalog button takes you to the directory in which this blog is listed at Blog Catalog. You may find similar blogs there. The Stumble Upon button takes you to my Stumble Upon profile page. I don't update that one very often, but if you visit it you can get an idea of what I like and dislike.

Finally, the Digg button. It's normal procedure to place a Digg button in each post, but I have yet to find a way to do that to my satisfaction. The last instructions I tried to follow placed the button in the upper right of each post, which was an offense to my stylistic standards. If any of you know where I can find directions to add the button to the end of each post, please post the link in the comments to this thread.

These are some of the tools I use to build traffic here and to see who is visiting. Please avail yourselves of them. You may find another site you like, and it will let me know who my readers are and what they like. If you're a member of Blog Catalog or MyBlogLog and you like this blog, then please join the neighborhood! I'd be thrilled to welcome you.