Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's Official: Fred's In.

Check out his announcement video. Very Reagan-esque production, though it's a lot to take in all at once.

I'm excited that he's in, and I'm excited by the positions he states in his announcement. I may be idealistic, but I like the idea of a candidate that says that the power of the federal government should be reduced and given back to the States and the people, as the Constitution says.

The attacks have already started though, and it will be crucial to see how Fred handles them. Some are predictably ridiculous, but others regarding his record and history are more serious. He didn't handle the revelation that he lobbied for a pro-abortion outfit very well. He'll have to be sharper on defense, especially since the media have hit him so hard for waiting as long as he did and for announcing in the way he has.

I'll be watching him closely the next few weeks to see if the reality lives up to the hype.