Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hello My Love.

I've got a bit of blogger's block, so I thought I'd share some more of my poetry with you. I wrote this piece for Alicia when we were in college.

Hello my love.
My heart has returned from lonely wanderings
Faltering footsteps, pathless under stars.
I searched for you on all the roads
Thought I would see you pass my way.
And I never knew what I had missed
By journeying so far afield.
The wonderful feeling when I come back to say...

Hello my love.
When we're close your eyes are bright,
Outshining the sun in southern fields.
The touch of your hand is soft
That I had missed in the frozen north.
In the east I pictured the sound of your voice,
because no music sounded more melodious.
But western roads are not as pleasing
As holding you in my arms at night.
So I've come back from my wanderings
Returned out of the lonely night to say...

Hello my love.

Copyright (c) 1994 by Jezla