Sunday, July 1, 2007

Charge it Up!

I've always felt that a big reason for going to church to recharge your batteries of faith. There's something invigorating about going to worship with other Christians, praising God and hearing His Word. I work at a job that requires I be there about every other Sunday, and I can really feel it if I don't get to attend church. I still pray everyday, and I try to keep up with my daily Bible reading, but it is not the same as getting that fellowship with other believers. It helps to listen to podcasts of messages and sermons (Walk in the Word is one of my favorites), but again, that can only take you so far.

Jesus wants us to gather together to praise him and hear his message. I suppose I could change my availability at work so that I could attend church every Sunday, but I haven't yet. That is a challenge I need to work on.