Monday, July 2, 2007

Have Broadsword, Will Travel.

If you look at my profile, you'll see that I like games. While it primarily means I like computer games, I also like old fashioned table-top role playing games. I played Dungeons and Dragons in high school with a few friends. I remember well the camaraderie that the games inspired in us, and how fun it was to craft adventures for each other, exploring strange new worlds armed with our wits and a trusty broadsword.

I'm older now, and those friends, like the broadsword, have faded into the past. Sometimes I still miss the thrill of being a part of the story, and the excitement of a natural 20 turning up on the die. I don't play pencil and paper D&D anymore, but have found an outlet for adventure in the game Neverwinter Nights. It's the best representation of the D&D system produced to date for the PC, and has fostered a large, active community on the internet. If you're into role-playing games, and like playing online, you might see me on the Neverwinter Nights 2 persistent world server, Legends of the Dalelands. Drop bye, say hi, and let me take you on an adventure.

Just be sure to bring your broadsword.