Saturday, July 7, 2007

Under the Influence.

Ok! Magazine recently published it's list of influential people in the entertainment industry. Predictably, it included such stellar examples as Katie Holmes and Rosie O'Donnell. They also included Anna Nicole's baby Dannielynn under the heading of 'Survivor.' I don't read Ok! or any of those publications, but I was a little taken aback that they thought a little baby embroiled in a custody and paternity battle could influence anything. Also, I certainly wouldn't want any of my family to be influenced by the likes of Rosie O'Donnell and Katie Holmes. So, I decided to make my own list of influential people; at least, they've been an influence to me.

1. God, for creating me.
2. My wife Alicia, for sharing life and all that she is.
3, 4, 5. My kids, for the joy that they bring.
6. My mother, for her strength.
7. My dad, for staying sober for twenty years now.
8, 9, 10, 11. My grandparents (all four), for taking care of me, sharing their faith, and teaching me to fish.
12. My uncle, for teaching me how to play sports.
13. Tony Dungy, for teaching us all the right way to win.
14. Sarah Fisher, for refusing to be anything but herself.
15. The doctors and nurses at Riley Children's Hospital, for rebuilding my face.
16. Kenny G, for his melodies.
17. Alan Jackson, for his words.
18. Ronald Reagan, for his leadership.
19. Michelle Malkin, for blogging.

Last but certainly not least...

20. Jesus, for saving me.